We all enjoy a comfortable warm spot of our own during the winter days, and so do cats. If you are a cat owner then you know how these fur balls like to cuddle up and purr when they are comfortable.
However, just like you, your cat detests winter too. Similar to your skin, your cat’s skin might be chapped due to the cold and dry winter temperature.
The poor animal might sneeze, have a heavy head and be in poor health just like you owing to the dryness in the winter. While you can’t do anything about the temperature outside, there is an easy fix for that at home. A humidifier! This is a blessing in disguise for your cat, and can help it get comfortable and muzzle even during winter.
But before you go ahead to buy the best humidifier for cats, let’s address an important question!
Are humidifiers good for cats?
Why Is A Humidifier for Cats Necessary?
As has been noted, a lot of health hazards can raise its ugly head if an ideal level of temperature and humidity is not maintained in a house. Thus, humidifiers are very important devices if you want your cat to be in the pink of health.
A humidifier can help you keep your cat away from irritation, dry skin or inflammation, different sorts of allergies and even nosebleed.
A lot of pet owners have reported that their pets slept better when the humidifier was working. Additionally, it has been noted that cats experience less whizzing, respiratory problems, and allergies when a humidifier moistens the air of the house.
Product Comparison Table
SHARP KC860U PlasmaCluster Air Purifier Humidifier
| ||CHECK ON AMAZON →|
Ultrasonic Viral Support Humidifier
| ||CHECK ON AMAZON →|
Venta LW15 Airwasher 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier
| ||CHECK ON AMAZON →|
Vornado EV100 Evaporative Whole Room Humidifier
| ||CHECK ON AMAZON →|
7 Best Humidifier for Cats Reviews (2020 Edition)
Below are seven products that you can use if you have cats at home. The products vary in price range, size, and methods of refill. Each product in this list of best humidifier for cats 2020 has its pros and cons which will help the user make an informed decision. There’s also a buying guide as well that you shouldn’t miss!
The Sharp air purifier cleanses and purifies the room up to 341 square feet. The perfect combination of air treatment technology gives the users a comfortable temperature no matter what the season. This humidifier comes as a blessing for cats that suffer from asthma, smoke, bacteria germ and mould allergy.
A Few Highlighting Factors
- Designed for a medium-sized room
- A naturally advanced technology to provide truly clean and fresh air
- Plasmacluster Ion Technology, used by this air purifier has been proven to remove dust, bacteria and other forms of disease-causing elements world-wide
- Safe technology
- Triple filtration system
- Comes with smart sensors identifies dust or pollen if any present in the room. Plus it always monitors the quality of the air in the room
The SHARP KC860U PlasmaCluster Air Purifier Humidifier draws out all these pollutants with the help of an ultra-quiet fan and a 3-stage purification system. This results in healthier and clear smelling air.
- Easy to operate maintain and move around in the house
- Operates without any noise
- Sturdy, well-made machine
- Filters are difficult to find
- Not an ideal humidifier
- Difficult to maintain
The Venta LW15 Airwasher 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier is ideal for rooms up to 200 square feet The purifier not only clears the room from smoke, dust, pollen and pet danders, it also humidifies it at the same time. In that light, this product operates both as a filter-free evaporative humidifier and filter-free air purifier. The best part about this product is that it does not produce the white dust humidifiers commonly give out. This is because the product has been made with Cold Evaporation technology.
The principle applied for humidifying and purifying the air in home and office without air filters works well. The technology is both hygienic, simple and easy to use. This is an ideal humidifier for cats, as it’s cool mist one, which is suggested by the experts to use in a room with pets.
- Works quietly
- Replacing filters on humidifiers is easy
- Reduces allergies and boogers in cats
- Does not humidify well
- Does not improve the air quality
- Constant rattling sound
The Vornado EV100 Evaporative Whole Room Humidifier for cats uses the natural evaporation method to humidify the room. This process eliminates the rise of mist and the messy white dust that is often generated by other humidifiers. Alongside its modern design, this product features push-button control and multiple other settings that allow one to personalize the humidity level of the room.
The air purifier comes with a crystal-clear tank that enables the user to see when it’s time to refill it. Finally, the product is easy to clean. All in all, it ensures a healthy living. In fact it is one of the best humidifiers for 1000 square feet room as well.
- Improves sleep quality
- Does not produce any mist
- Can be used in 500 sq/ft room as well
- Holds enough water, and does not require constant refilling
- Does not work for rooms with high ceilings
- Produces noise
- Difficult to put back after checking or changing filter
If you live in a dry or humid house, this humidifier for cats can be your lifesaver! The product works like a dream but does not produce any noise. With this ultrasonic humidifier operating in your house, you are sure to have 16 hours of mist giving you the feeling of living in a forest. Bid farewell to dry lips, sore throat, allergies and flaky skin. If you want to live a healthy life, this is the product you need.
A Few Highlighting Factors
- Keeps air fresh and clean. Helps users stay away from dry skin, irritated eyes sore throat and itchy skin
- Compact and powerful 1.5-litre water tank
- The pleasant blue light that the ultrasonic humidifier illuminates results in comfortable sleeping.
- Features are quite convenient. When the water content in the tank gets low, it shuts off immediately and indicates a refill
- Premium Swiss quality product
For those of you having cats, this product can be your best buy since it is sure to keep your little darling comfortable and allergy-free. In fact ultrasonic humidifiers are safe for cats as well. So you don’t have to worry!
- Induces better sleep
- Compact and efficient product
- Helps with breathing
- Water level gets low quickly
- Makes bubbling sound
- Lacks auto shut off option
If you are looking to create an ideal breathing environment for yourself and your cat at home or in the office, get your hands on this amazing product! This humidifier is an ideal combination of convenience and efficiency. Additionally, it operates very quietly and has an auto shut off option when the tank is empty. However, refilling the tank is not dreaded, since the opening on the top for this purpose is quite big and easily accessible. This humidifier for cats is ideal for a medium-sized room and can run for 24 hours without any interruption. The user can actually see the cool moisture being ejected out of the unit in various output settings.
- Easy to clean
- The spinning directional component allows one to turn the direction of the humidifier
- Simple and effective design
- Better auto shut off lights compared to other units
- Refilling is tedious. One has to turn the unit upside down and hold it steady while the water is filling. Even when the unit is getting heavy with the water it’s not possible to place it down since it might tip over.
- Since it does not use a filter, residue built-up is quite common
- Is not noise-free
What do you think about an air purifier that gives a soft glow and comes with an aroma diffuser? Dream come true, right? Well, that is the AmazonBasics Humidifier for you! The product offers to diffuse an array of essential oils and thereby helps one relax.
A Few Highlighting Factors
- Humidifier for cats along with nightlight and aroma diffuser
- Comes with an array of essential oils and cleaning brush
- Directional nozzles can be adjusted
- Offers manual control
- Four litre tank with a large opening makes it easy to clean
- Auto shutoff feature
- 12-24 hours timer setting
- Work quietly
Cleaning is not a problem with this unit, as it comes along with a cleaning brush. The manual control and settings to change the direction of the flow are two of the best things that this product offers. If you’re wondering “which humidifier best for cats” then you may consider this one.
The tank has 4 litre capacity with a large opening and a flat bottom. This ensures that the user can easily refill the tank when required. Finally, like the other units, the humidifier comes with an auto-shutoff option and 24-hour setting. All this plus its ultra-quiet! Isn’t that a winner?
- Amazing rotation feature
- Does not make a noise
- Full water tank lasts for a day without interruption
- Offers little control over the amount of water vapour produced
- Produces a bubbly noise at times
- Large product difficult to refill
This humidifier for cats is the perfect balance between design and efficiency. It offers a wood grain finish and the oil diffuser covers up to 25-30 square meter. Like other humidifiers, this too comes with nightlights, but not one; seven of them! The user can choose a dim light, or alter the various lights according to their mood. An easy remote control that helps one change the light settings.
The humidifier operates noiselessly and gives a smooth mist which can soften and moisten dryness felt by humans and cats during winter. This also makes sleeping in an air-conditioned room or nursery comfortable.
The product humidifies and improves the quality that people breathe. An ideal product that helps one relieves stress and makes way for better sleep.
- Nice and modern design
- The coloured lights are adjustable
- The steam of the vapour can be changed
- Has a high-pitched running noise
- Aroma does not last long
- Remote does not work for long
Best Humidifier for Cats at Home Buying Guide
I hope our list of top humidifier for cats will help you to pick the best one. However, you should consider below mentioned things before purchasing. We strongly encourage all of our readers of this page to check out this humidifier for cats buying guide section thoroughly.
Noise level: If you are getting this humidifier especially for your cat, then ensure that they produce no noise. Cats startle easily and having a constant humming noise will not help them sleep. The humidifiers that use fans generally produce a lot of noise. Thus its ideal to avoid them
Replacement offer: Do not always get worked up with the size of the humidifier. As a rule of thumb, the smaller models are always cheaper, however, these models may require quick replacement as well.
Thus in addition to size, you need to consider the mechanism as well. For instance, if it uses a filter system, it might require regular cleaning or even replacing. But if you still choose to opt for these, ensure that the replacements are easy to get a hold of.
Size: A smaller humidifier adds moisture to a smaller area in the house. In that light, these can be the ideal option to be placed in the bedroom or where the cat sleeps. Owing to their size they are easy to move around which is an added advantage.
However, it’s important to consider the reservoir volume and consider how much water the tank can take. There are some best humidifier for cats that come with an auto shut-off feature in case the water runs low.
Safety features: As known, anything that is mostly wet attracts bacteria, fungi and other forms of germs. In that light opt for humidifiers that are easier to clean. There are a few that are easy to clean, especially the warm mist ones, that kills most germs with the heat that it produces.
In addition to germs, cat owners will have to consider how safe it will be to have a humidifier that has hot water in it. In that context, make sure you check out the built quality to ensure that it does not leak.
Frequently Asked Questions About Humidifier for Cats
Q1: Can a humidifier help a cat?
Q2: Can I use a Vicks humidifier for my cat?
Q3: Is a humidifier good for a cat with asthma?
Having a cat is nothing different from having a baby in the house. They need care and protection all the time to be happy and healthy. Seeing your cat suffer from an asthma attack is heart-wrenching.
If you install the best humidifier for cats 2020, then it can help to reduce and eventually eradicate it. Thus it’s a blessing for pet parents. A warm environment for your furball is the least you can do, and it’s s time that you do it to keep them happy and playful.
- Why Is A Humidifier for Cats Necessary?
- 7 Best Humidifier for Cats Reviews (2020 Edition)
- #1: SHARP KC860U PlasmaCluster Air Purifier Humidifier
- #2: Venta LW15 Airwasher 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier:
- #3: Vornado EV100 Evaporative Whole Room Humidifier:
- #4: Ultrasonic Viral Support Humidifier:
- #5: Honeywell HUL535B Cool Mist Humidifier:
- #6: AmazonBasics Humidifier with Night Light and Aroma Diffuser
- #7: NEWKBO 550ml Remote Control Essential Oils Diffuser Cool Mist Humidifier
- Best Humidifier for Cats at Home Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions About Humidifier for Cats